VITALIS HOSPITAL IN THE HOME ('HITH')
Specialist clinical care enabling hospital avoidance or early discharge
Hospital in the Home (also known as ‘HITH’ or ‘Hospital at Home’) enables patients with a range of common medical conditions to receive hospital-level care at home.
Patients who are assessed as suitable for HITH can be discharged earlier from hospital, or can avoid hospital altogether and receive the high-level clinical care they need at home.
In many instances, insurers will cover the cost of treatments provided by Vitalis HITH. Please contact us for more information on funding options.
Vitalis HITH is a private Hospital in the Home service accredited by the Australian Council on Healthcare Standards (ACHS) to provide acute clinical services in the patient’s home. Vitalis HITH is staffed by a team of highly specialised and credentialed Registered Nurses and staff doctors who are passionate about excellence in patient care.
Clinical treatments suitable for Vitalis HITH include:
- IV antibiotics for treatment of cellulitis, community-acquired pneumonia, COPD, urinary tract and other common infections. Vitalis nurses can cannulate, or patients can be discharged with a PICC line in-situ
- VAC dressings and other complex wound management. Vitalis HITH staff include wound consultants who can manage highly complex wounds, including debridement
- Post operative drain care
Stoma care provided by Vitalis’ accredited stomal therapist
- IV therapies including for DVTs, pulmonary embolisms and multiple sclerosis
- Blood collection for pathology
- Catheter care including routine changes of SPC and IDC catheters
- Total parenteral nutrition (TPN) management
VITALIS CHEMOTHERAPY IN THE HOME ('CITH')
Cancer treatments delivered in the comfort of your own home
Vitalis Chemotherapy in the Home (also known as ‘Chemo in the Home’ or ‘CITH’) gives eligible patients the choice, in consultation with their treating specialist, to have their treatment delivered in the comfort of their own home.
Chemo in the Home enables patients to reduce the inconvenience, number of days off work, travel time and costs, and time away from family associated with hospital-based treatment, without any compromise in the clinical safety or outcomes of their treatment.
Vitalis CITH is staffed by a team of highly experienced and chemotherapy-credentialed Registered Nurses and staff doctors who are passionate about excellence in patient care.
Vitalis is accredited by the Australian Council on Healthcare Standards (ACHS) to provide acute clinical services in the patient’s home.
Vitalis works with a number of private health insurers to deliver this service to eligible patients in the Sydney Metropolitan Area, generally with no out-of-pocket costs.